Last updated: December 27, 2020
The Information We Collect
We collect information directly from individuals, from third parties, and automatically through the KevsHub Platform.
Account and Profile Information: When you create an account and profile on the KevsHub Platform, we collect your name, contact information, demographic information, and other information you provide, such as topics that you know about or find interesting. Your name, photo, and any other information that you choose to add to your public-facing profile will be available for viewing by the public and other users of the KevsHub Platform. Once you create a profile, others will be able to see in your profile certain information about your activity on the KevsHub Platform, such as the questions and answers you post, your followers and who you follow, topics of interest to you, the information you list as credentials, and your edits to your content. For more information about your choices for publicly displayed information, see the section below about Your Choices.
Your Content: We collect the information and content that you post to the KevsHub Platform, including your questions, answers, photos, and comments. Unless you have posted certain content anonymously, your content, date and time stamps, and all associated comments are publicly viewable on the KevsHub Platform, along with your name. This also may be indexed by search engines and be republished elsewhere on the Internet in accordance with our Terms of Service. For more information about what you can change, see the below section on Your Choices.
Communications. When you communicate with us (via email, through the KevsHub Platform, or otherwise), we may maintain a record of your communication.
Integrated Service Provider and Linked Networks. You can connect your existing KevsHub account with certain third-party networks like Twitter or Google, for example (each a “Linked Network”). You can also elect to sign in or sign up to the KevsHub Platform through a Linked Network. If you elect to sign up through or connect a Linked Network, we receive certain profile and account information about you from the Linked Network. These Linked Networks may also appear in your profile, so that people can find you on these Linked Networks. The specific information provided to us by Linked Networks is determined by you and these third parties, and may vary by network. In all cases, the permissions page for the Linked Network will describe the information being shared. You should consult their respective privacy policies for information about their practices. You may elect to use information from the Linked Network to populate your profile on the KevsHub Platform and help you find and follow your contacts on the KevsHub Platform. For information on your choices, including how to disconnect a Linked Network from your KevsHub profile, see the Your Choices section below. You may also elect to connect and make and receive payments to and from use through third-party networks (“Integrated Service Provider”); if you do so, you will be allowing us to pass to and receive from the Integrated Service Provider your login information and other user data for payment purposes.
Engagement. We collect browsing information – such as IP address and location, date and time stamp, user agent, KevsHub cookie ID (if applicable), URL, unique advertising or content identifiers (if applicable) and time zone, and other information about user activities on the KevsHub Platform, as well as on third-party sites and services that have embedded our KevsHub pixels (“Pixels”), widgets, plug-ins, buttons, or related services. See the section below about KevsHub Ads and Personalization for more detailed information about how our Pixels may be used by publishers or users of our advertising services (“Ad Services”) on the KevsHub Platform to enable personalization, as well as your choices related to advertising and personalization. We may also receive information about you from third parties, such as other users, partners (including ad partners), or our affiliated companies.
How We Use Your Information
We do not sell your personal information – such as your name and contact information – to third parties to use for their own marketing purposes. KevsHub uses the information we collect for the following purposes:
- Provide our Services. To provide you the services we offer on the KevsHub Platform and make the KevsHub Platform available to the public, communicate with you about your use of the KevsHub Platform, respond to your inquiries, provide troubleshooting, and for other customer service purposes.
- Personalization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you in the KevsHub Platform, to suggest followers and content, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the KevsHub Platform.
- Advertising. To display interest-based advertising to you in the KevsHub Platform, to improve our advertising and measurement systems so we can show you relevant ads, to pre-fill forms in ads, and to measure the effectiveness and reach of ads and services. For more information, see the Ad Services section below about KevsHub Ads and Personalization.
- Marketing and Promotions. For marketing and promotional purposes, such as to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions, or to otherwise contact you about products or information we think may interest you, including information about third-party products and services.
- Analytics. To gather metrics to better understand how users access and use the KevsHub Platform; to evaluate and improve the KevsHub Platform, including the Ad Services and personalization, and to develop new products and services.
- Comply with Law. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.